This weekend of art in all its forms is a critical element of how GCAC fulfills its mission, which is to support and advance the arts and cultural fabric of Columbus.
What can you expect?
- The Artist Market to browse and purchase art representing a variety of media and price points, including the works of emerging and established artists.
- Five stages for music, dance, and entertainment. The ABC6 Bicentennial Park Stage will feature local and national artists; the Big Local Music Stage will feature Columbus-based musicians; the Dance & Theatre Stage; the Acoustic Lounge; and the Ohio Magazine Word is Art Stage for spoken word poets and authors.
- Big Local Art Village with demonstrations, make-and-take projects, and galleries.
- More than 30 food and drink vendors.
- Hands-on Art Activities Village for families.
- Children’s Gallery for those aged 12 and younger.
- Virtual Reality Tent with virtual and augmented reality experiences and presentations.
- Riverfest water activities to enjoy the Festival from the river on kayak or canoe.
Get there by bike and park at Pelotonia’s secure parking area, or take a ride on Smart Circuit, a self-driving shuttle from Smart Columbus that will run every 10 minutes. Download the Festival app to get the latest on all that’s happening.
Columbus comes alive during the Festival in a unique way. The vibrancy is palpable. People of all backgrounds come together to share in the joy and creativity that defines our community.
Not only does the Columbus Arts Festival fulfill GCAC’s mission, it also gets the organization closer to its vision of a thriving Columbus where the arts matter to all of us.
We are proud to call GCAC a client and even prouder to support the cultural fabric of our city.
Article by: Kerri Laubenthal Mollard, Founder & CEO