Mollard Consulting’s mission is to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations and the individuals who serve them. We build capacity by coaching our clients, facilitating board retreats, speaking at conferences and webinars, and writing and distributing content through columns, e-news, and socials.
In 2018, we began a concerted effort to publish a weekly LinkedIn article and share that content on social media and our website. What began as an idea to share knowledge has become a key facet of our mission fulfillment.
I author most columns, but it is certainly a team effort as Morgan Kerns, our Assistant Director of Communications, edits every word and makes me a better writer. Our internal content team, which includes Morgan and Jenny Bergman, our Director of Communications and Operations, authored one of the most read columns on creating a culture of philanthropy.
We also want to recognize our featured guest writers — 15 in all since 2020. Our goal is to elevate the voices of others in the nonprofit sector, especially people of color. Two of the most read columns were written by our guests Deborah Aubert Thomas, CEO of Philanthropy Ohio, and Christina Patel, Development Director, Scholarship and Student Support at The Ohio State University.
Today’s article marks our 225th, and to celebrate we created a list of some of our most-read articles by category since 2018. What articles and topics resonate most? We are always looking for new topics and ways to partner. Reach out to Morgan or me if you have a topic you’d like us to write about and/or if you or another nonprofit leader would like to be featured.
We look forward to continuing our articles and connecting with you on these important topics.
- Do’s and Don’ts Before Joining a Nonprofit Board (2020)
- 10 Board Governance Red Flags and How Board Members Can Solve Them (2022)
- Defining Board Engagement (2020)
- Do’s and Don’ts of Donor Stewardship (2021)
- How to Create a Culture of Philanthropy by Jenny Bergman and Morgan Kerns (2021)
- Communicating Your Impact (2020)
Finance and Data
- Data Driven Fundraising (2020)
- Closing Your Fiscal Year With Donor Data (2022)
- Board Governance Part Three — Funding and Finances (2019)
- Five Questions to Drive Strategic Planning (2019)
- The Four Policies Every Nonprofit Should Have (2022)
- Is Your Development Plan Based on Strategy? (2021)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Here’s Why Systemic Bias Is the Cause of Imposter Syndrome (2021)
- Board Diversity – Who’s at the Table? By Deborah Aubert Thomas, CEO, Philanthropy Ohio (2020)
- Why Isn’t the Philanthropic Sector Prioritizing Equity in the Workplace? By Christina Patel, Development Director, Scholarship and Student Support at The Ohio State University (2021)
Article by: Kerri Laubenthal Mollard, Founder & CEO