Every November, philanthropists, volunteers, and fundraising professionals around the country gather to celebrate National Philanthropy Day. In Central Ohio, the event is hosted the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which is the perfect time to honor giving.
Mollard Consulting is proud to be a Celebration Sponsor of this year’s event, recognizing the following award winners:
- The Columbus Foundation Outstanding Philanthropists — Philip and Barbara Derrow
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Andrew Levitt
- Outstanding Foundation — Ariel Foundation
- Big Lots! Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy — Bexley Sleep Out Club
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group — Franklin Park Conservatory Women’s Board
- Outstanding Small Corporation — Next Level Trainings
- Outstanding Large Corporation — American Electric Power (AEP)
- Leave a Legacy Award — Joe Chlapaty
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional — Donna Zuiderweg
All of these honorees are most deserving of our community’s collective gratitude.
Two, in particular, are leaders that we would like to highlight: Donna Zuiderweg and AEP.
Donna is a highly skilled and talented professional who excels in her field, having raised tens of millions of dollars for the Columbus Metropolitan Library and the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. She is dedicated to the missions she serves, but also to helping others through her service as a past president of AFP Central Ohio and an active mentor and volunteer. She is generous with her time and her expertise. And for that, the community is stronger.
There is hardly a corner in this community that doesn’t benefit from the philanthropy and leadership of American Electric Power (AEP). The AEP Foundation is led by Dale Heydlauff, who is as gracious with his time and counsel as he is generous with the company’s philanthropic investments. The AEP Foundation has been there to support many of our past and present clients, including Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus, Columbus Recreation and Parks, CelebrateOne, Columbus Early Learning Centers, COSI, Flying Horse Farms, Furniture Bank, Junior Achievement, Reeb Avenue Center, United Way, WOSU Public Media, YMCA, YWCA, and so many more.
Thank you to all donors and volunteers who support their community. Your gifts have an impact, and we are grateful.
Article by: Kerri Laubenthal Mollard, Founder & CEO