The numbers are staggering.
- 124,166 emergency food appointments to put more than one million meals on the tables of hungry neighbors.
- $614,303 in direct financial assistance for rent, mortgage, and utility obligations to keep residents in their homes.
- 16,318 neighbors who filed their taxes for free with assistance from volunteers.
- 10,428 transportation vouchers provided to fulfill medical, educational, and court-mandated appointments.
- 15,265 volunteers donating $1.55 million worth of their time to complete 315 projects.
- Half a million Central Ohioans helped each year.
HandsOn Central Ohio, Franklin County’s 2-1-1 service provider, connects people to resources to address their basic needs. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, HandsOn answers the call.
The 2-1-1 line can be accessed via a phone call, text message, web chat, or mobile search. HandsOn offers immediate access to more than 3,000 programs in Franklin County and makes it easier for people to navigate the social service landscape and secure the resources they need to thrive.
More than the sheer volume of need and support offered, HandsOn makes an impact on people in real and meaningful ways. From neighbors who are in crisis to neighbors who want to lend a hand — HandsOn’s talented team of resource specialists engages with everyone to ensure their needs are met.
HandsOn also partners with the thousands of nonprofits that make up the fabric of our social services sector. For instance, food pantries can learn where the need is most acute from data collected through 2-1-1 to ensure targeted food distribution.
When working together, complex problems become a little less daunting and much easier to solve.
HandsOn provides a vital service to a growing population. Their responsiveness and their analytics help to solve critical problems in real-time. That level of service and coordination is vitally important.
When those who are most vulnerable in our community are socially mobile, we are all stronger.
Article by: Kerri Laubenthal Mollard, Founder & CEO